“Why Wait To Break Records?” – Harry Potter
We are less than 24 hours away from the midnight showings of ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II’, and apparently the world just can’t wait. According to BoxOfficeMojo.com, Harry is already breaking records before he even gets started.
– HP7 Pt. 2 has already sold $32 million in advance ticket sales, setting a new record for pre-opening sales.
– HP7 Pt. 2 is opening on 11,000 different screens in 4,375 different theaters. Both of these numbers are records for Warner Bros.
– HO7 Pt. 2 will also be playing in 3D in 3,000+ locations, breaking ‘Transformers: Dark of the Moon’ previous record of 2,789.
– The IMAX release record is now HP7 Pt. 2’s, opening on the extra big screen in 274 locations.
– Tonight HP7 Pt. 2 will attempt to break ‘Eclipse’s’ record of $30 million for midnight release sales.
(Via Box Office Mojo)