A quality version of the first trailer for ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ that will be released on July 3, 2012, has hit the web. Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, and Sam Raimi are gone and Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Martin Sheen, and Marc Webb are in. The trailer gives me a good idea that this movie is being made with quality. It’s visually appealing. The feel of the trailer also seems darker than Sam Raimi’s work.
Here is a breakdown of what happens in the trailer:
- A young Peter watches his parents leave him with his aunt and uncle, because there is something they have to do, and he will be with them for a little while.
- Peter eats a meal with Gwen Stacy’s family (while showing clips of them in class together).
- Gwen tells her parents that Peter lives with his aunt and uncle.
- Peter finds a bag in his aunt and uncle’s house that used to belong to belong to his father.
- Peter seems to be on some sort of field trip with other students at a lab that Gwen seems to be working at in some capacity.
- Gwen warns him not to touch anything.
- We get a quick look at Dr. Curt Connors (The Lizard) who is working at the lab
- Peter gets bit by a spider in the lab
- Peter pulls spider webbing out of the back of his neck
- Peter then is seen bouncing off of walls
- Peter’s aunt asks him what is happening to him after he is seen catching a fly with his hands
- A scene is shown with Peter and Connors in a laboratory, and there is a voice in the background that says “Are you ready to play god?” and “Do you have any idea what you are?” (Possibly Connors saying this)
- Peter is seen sticking to the ceiling of a subway car.
- Cars are getting tossed around on a bridge, even though it is not visible who or what is doing it (The Lizard?)
- Peter is seen holding Gwen’s face affectionately as if he is going to kiss her
- Peter is seen sewing his Spider-Man costume.
- Spider-Man is swinging through the city, from a first-person perspective. As he is flying you hear a voice over of Parker saying “We all have secrets, one’s we keep, and those that are kept from us.”