Check out this photo of Tom Hardy from ‘The Dark Knight Rises’, revealing Christopher Nolan’s interpretation of Bane (Picture Via Batman-News):
Subaruwrxfan was able to capture of the filming of ‘The Dark Knight rises on the set. Check out this first video of Tom Hardy standing on top of a camouflage Tumbler (Video via Subaruwrxfan)
Subaruwrxfan also got some awesome close-up footage of three camouflage Tumbler’s driving through the streets of Pittsburgh.
Check out ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ press conference from yesterday afternoon in Pittsburgh. Producer Emma Thomas, director Christopher Nolan, and Christian Bale spoke to the people of the Steel City. (Video via Pittsburgh Tribune-Review)
Also, check out these pictures of the Bat Signal shining in downtown Pittsburgh. (Pictures via Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
Finally, check out the insane amount of mass that Tom Hardy has put on in the past couple of months to fit the bill of the villainous ‘Bain’. (Picture via TomHardyParty.com)
1) Christopher Judge has officially joined the cast of ‘The Dark Knight Rises’, according to his own personal Twitter feed.
I can finally confirm: I have been cast in “The Dark Knight Rises”.
Follow Christopher Judge on Twitter: @iamchrisjudge
Judge is most recognized for his role on Stargate as Teal’c.
2) Helena Bonham Carter has officially joined the cast of the Jerry Bruckheimer produced, Gore Verbinski directed ‘The Lone Ranger.’ For sometime now Johnny Depp was the only cast member attached the film, but now Carter (Recent Film – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2) along with country singer Dwight Yoakam (Recent Film – Dirty Girl) and Barry Pepper (Recent Film – True Grit) have joined the cast.
(Via Total Film)
3) Oscar Isaac has officially joined the cast of ‘The Bourne Legacy.’ Even though Isaac originaly tried out for the lead role, which Jeremy Renner ended up claiming, Gilroy was so impressed with his audition that he cast him in another prominent role. Isaac’s most recently was seen in ‘Sucker Punch’ and ‘Robin Hood.’
(Via Reelz Channel)
Today is July 19th, which means we are officially one year away from the release of ‘The Dark Knight Rises.’ To commemorate that, here is an animated take on the new teaser trailer that was released earlier this week. The creator of this video did an amazing job of taking clips from Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League Unlimited, and Under the Red Hood and marrying it with the audio from the actual teaser trailer. It’s pretty ridiculous how well the video imitates the actual trailer with the animated clips. Enjoy!
‘The Dark Knight Rises’ teaser trailer has caused a lot of drama over the past week. First, a written play-by-play description of the trailer was released. Second, a bootleg handy-cam version of the trailer was leaked online and Warner Bros. went on a witch hunt trying to get it pulled off the internet everywhere it was embedded. Third, it was made known by Warner Bros. that sites that posted the bootleg version would practically be blackballed. Fourth, it was a widespread pandemic when it was rumored that the teaser trailer would be attached to ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2’, and then it only ended up being attached to the blockbuster hit in certain theaters. I refused to even watch the bootleg version, and I was disappointed when it was not shown at the midnight showing I attended. Despite all of the drama, the official teaser trailer has finally been released by the powers that be. Enjoy!
What are your thoughts on the TDKR teaser trailer? We would love to hear your comments!
(Picture Via Collider)
Unfortunately, the swirling rumors about the teaser trailer for ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ being attached to ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2’ proved to be false at theater I was at. Apparently it was attached to the film at certain theaters. Some ‘Bat’ fans, including myself, will have to continue to wait for a legitimate version of the coveted trailer to be released to everyone. We’ll keep you posted.
According to CBS, ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ will be filming at Heinz Field. Two things you should know about the Tomato Monster: 1) I bleed Black & Gold 2) I’ve practically read the entirety of the Batman canon. To say that I’m excited about this news is an understatement.
On August 6, Christopher Nolan and his film crew will be shooting at Heinz Field and they are looking for enough “fans to fill a stadium.”. As much as I would like Batman to raid a Steelers game, it’s impossible since they don’t play in the DC universe, let alone Gotham City.
If you live in the Pittsburgh area and want to be in the crowd as an extra go to Steelers.com or BeInAMovie.com to sign up. Insert statement of envy and jealousy of people that live in Pittsburgh.
According to the link below, we can expect “excitement, special effects and explosions” in the stadium scene in TDKR, but I guess that shouldn’t be a shocker.
1) Johnny Depp has signed on to three new roles that don’t involve him being ‘Captain Jack Sparrow’. Two out of the three are Disney productions, with Depp playing a tabloid reporter in a reprise of the TV-Movie-Turned-Series ‘The Night Stalker’, as well as suiting up as the Revolutionary hero Paul Revere. Depp also bought the rights to bringing the book ‘In the Hands of Dante’ to the big screen in 2008, and the project is finally coming to fruition.
2) Shooting of the ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ has officially moved to Pittsburgh, with some of the action taking place on Carnegie Mellon University. The schools website put out a disclaimer to inform them that a hollywood production, working under the codename “Magnus Rex”, would be shooting on campus, and that certain streets and parking lots would be temporarily shut down as a result. The disclaimer that the school originally released has since been removed from the site, presumably because some of the information revealed plot details. Here is an excerpt from the original disclaimer:
Scenes outside the Fifth Ave. entrance of Mellon Institute include a standoff between two rivals that escalates into a riot. One character drives a motorcycle through the fourth floor lobby, out the front doors and down the steps onto Fifth Ave. Special effects include precision stunt driving, gunfire and atmospheric smoke.”
With it already being public knowledge that Tom Hardy is playing as one of Batman’s villains ‘Bain’, it seems likely that CMU is acting as a set for ‘Bain’s’ prison break before unleashing havoc on the Dark Knight and Gotham City.
‘Bain’ made his debut in the Batman storyline in 1993, in an arch entitled ‘Knightfall’.
In the same week that the highly anticipated ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ teaser trailer is to be released at the front end of ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II’, the first teaser poster for the film was released via the new thedarkknightrises.com. In the same way that director Christopher Nolan has kept things ‘uber’ secretive and viral throughout the first two installments, it seems as if we can expect much of the same this time as well. The newly released website features a blown up version of the teaser poster with no text, and that is it.
Here are the teaser posters from ‘Batman Begins’ and ‘The Dark Knight’.